Sometimes your systems time can be off or you may need to change it when the clocks go forwards/ backwards. Here is our guide to changing the date and time on the Mitel MiVoice Office 250, MiVoice Business and Siemens HiPath.
If you require any help in changing your date and time, we would be more than happy to help. Call us directly on 0808 202 3200 for fast and hassle-free assistance.
Please note: If you have a Gamma Horizon telephone system, the time and date changes automatically and therefore no changes need to be made.
Go Straight To The Relevant Guide
What Phone System Do You Have?
Mitel MiVoice Office 250
Legacy names include: Mitel 5000, Mitel HX, Inter-tel 5000 & Inter-tel Axxess.
Mitel MiVoice Business
Legacy names include: Mitel 3300 and Mitel MCD.
Legacy names include: 3000, 3350, 3500, 3550, 3700, 3800 and OfficeCom.
Changing or setting the time on the Mitel MiVoice Office 250 telephone system
Please note, this is a guide for the Mitel MiVoice Office 250/ Mitel 5000 telephone system. It will however also work for Mitel HX, Inter-tel 5000 & Inter-tel Axxess telephone systems.
You can change the date and time for an individual node or for the entire network.
At any time, you can press * to return to the previous menu, or press the Speaker button to exit programming and cancel any unsaved changes.
To set the system date and time - from an administrator phone, do the following:
- Enter 9800 (single node) or 9810 (multi-node). The programmed date will appear.
- Note: If you do not need to change the date, press # or the Accept menu button to skip the time-prompt, and then go to step 3.
- Use the dialpad buttons to enter the month, day, and year. For example, enter 032218 for March 22, 2018. The day of the week is automatically calculated and set by the system when the date is entered.
- Note: When finished, the displays shows the current time. If you entered the date incorrectly, INVALID DATE appears, and you are prompted to enter a new date.
- Use the dialpad buttons to enter the time in hours and minutes. For example, enter 0900 for 9:00. If you entered the time incorrectly, INVALID TIME appears and you are prompted to enter a new time.
- Select either 1 for AM or 2 for PM.
- Note: If you press any button other than 1 or 2, INVALID TIME appears, and you are prompted to enter a new time.
Read The Full Guide
To read the full article on changing your time and date on your Mitel MiVoice Office 250 telephone system, click the button below.
Change or setup the time and date on your Mitel MiVoice Business/ Mitel 3300 system
When your Mitel MiVoice Business (formerly Mitel 3300) phone system was originally installed these steps should have/ would have been done. As the Mitel MVB (MiVoice Business) is a smart telephone system, time changes should apply automatically. However, should this not be the case and you need to change the time - we have the solution.
There are two ways to setup, change or update the time on your Mitel MiVoice Business/ Mitel 3300 telephone system; both of which will require specific admin permissions on your Mitel MiVoice Business application.
The two methods are:
- Via the Group Administration Tool.
- Via an NTP (Network Time Protocol) Server. (This is the preferred method.)
Setting the Time via the System Admin Tool
To set the time via the System Admin Tool, login to your PBX and select the ‘Group Administration Tool’ button. The first screen that option available is for changing the date and time on your PBX. Select it and you will be presented with the date and time management screen. Modify your settings to match the current date and time. Once the time is set, the telephones will update their time displays automatically.
It is not uncommon for telephones to be “slightly off” on the time displayed.
If your system is programmed to use an NTP server (Network Time Protocol Server) you will be told that you cannot change time if NTP Synchronization is enabled.
If this is the case then you will need to follow option 2 below.
Setting the Time via a NTP Server
Starting with version MCD 4.0 you have the ability to program your Mitel 3300 to use an NTP server. NTP stands for Network Time Protocol. This is a special protocol to synchronise time among servers. Your company may have a NTP server of it’s own or you may use one of the publicly available NTP servers.
Generally this is T2K's preferred method as its automatic, and should be set up by us as part of “on-boarding” unless customer does not want this feature.
This will typically be set up by someone with a high level of System Admin privileges.
Recommended NTP Server Pool for the UK:
Changing or setting up time and date on a Siemens HiPath telephone system
Every so often your telephone system time will need to be changed on your Siemens HiPath system. This can be adjusted by either T2K or yourself by following these simple steps.
All programming is normally done via the main extension - which will usually be your reception phone.
Follow these steps:
- Leaving the handset down, dial *95
- When asked for a username again enter *95
- You will then be prompted for a password at which simply press the ‘Tick’ key.
- This will take you into ‘System admin – User’ menu.
- 11 - System Speed Dial
- 12 - Time
- 13 - Date
- 14 - CDR
- 15 - Extension Name
- 16 - Text Messages
- Dial 12 for Time and press the * key to change.
- Enter the correct time in 24hr clock notation.
- And press the ‘Tick’ key to confirm.
Download the Guide
Click the link below to download your free guide to print off. Includes Mitel MiVoice Office 250 (Mitel 5000), Mitel MiVoice Business (Mitel 3300) & Siemens HiPath.
Found This Article Helpful?
If you found this article helpful, you may also find our knowledge base helpful.
Packed with broken down user guides and how-to's, it's the ultimate self-help area for telephone systems; especially Mitel & Gamma Horizon platforms.